Sunday, September 27, 2009

Songs in my Head: Anniversary Countdown

On Friday Travis and I will be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary. I've been posting a song once a week for the last ten weeks as a cheesy tribute to my guy.

"It Had To Be You" is our song. The lyrics fit us perfectly. And besides, who doesn't love Frank Sinatra? Can you believe I couldn't find the Frank version of this song on YouTube? Oh well...the Harry Connick Jr. version is lovely. We danced to this song at our wedding reception. It was one of my favorite moments of the day because it felt as though it was just the two of us.




It had to be you,
it had to be you
I wandered around,
and finally found
The somebody who
could make me be true
Could make me be blue
or even be glad
Just to be sad
just thinking of you

Some others I've seen
might never be mean
Might never be cross
or try to be boss
But they wouldn't do

For nobody else gave me the thrill
With all your faults I love you still
It had to be you
It had to be you
It had to be you

0 comments: