Sunday, September 6, 2009

Some of What I've Been Doing the Last 48 Hours

We've had a great Labor Day weekend so far. My brother Kurt and family are here from Indiana. They got here Friday afternoon and we have been having a great time. My twin Lisa and family, and little sis Bonnie and family were all here today. It's only a couple times a year that we are all able to be together and we had so much fun.

Saturday we went to Karen's lake cabin for the day. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. (Can you imagine the horror?) Tragic. Especially since I went water skiing for the first time in years and got up on the first try. Travis and Karen were the only ones to have faith in me. I am not very athletic...but I used to water ski all the time as a kid. It was a blast. Zella and Madeline went tubing for the first time and loved it. We had a fun, relaxing day.

I made up for it forgetting my camera yesterday by taking lots of pictures today. We went to the park and had a seafood boil. My dad is a great cook and he really outdid himself today!

Karen, niece Gabby & baby Lily.



Claire (Bonnie's daughter) riding the merry-go-round.


Lisa snuggling with baby Lily.

Christa (Kurt's wife) and Karen cheesing it up.


Jay (Bonnie's husband) and my sweet baby Vi.

My nieces having fun.

Baby Violet enjoyed her sweet potatoes a little too much I think.

Some of the family chowing down.

It was incredibly good! Crab legs, shrimp, fish, mussels, chicken, potato, corn on the cob.

Is your mouth watering yet? My dad should be a chef.

I have more pictures to share but this post is already long and I need to get things ready for the parade in the morning. I hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

Awhhhhh! Thanks for letting me be a part of the Gabe crew for a few moments. Looks like loads of fun! Beautiful babies!