Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Madeline Goes to Preschool

Miss Madeline had her first day of 4-year-old preschool on Monday. She went to preschool last year (two days a week) so this year was a little easier during drop off. My sister Karen watched Zella and Violet for me so I could take Madeline to school. She is in the afternoon session (12:15 - 3:15 Monday, Wednesday, Friday). We took pictures in front of her tree before we left.

She kept yelling "pink flowers" so it was hard to get one of her smiling.

Showing off her backpack.

"Sisters Forever!" (Yes, they were actually yelling that.)

Zella said to Madeline, "I'm going to miss you!"

My three best girls.

Mama and Maddie.

Walking in the doors.

Her locker. She was too excited to pose...had to look around.

Madeline and her teacher Mrs. Sue.

When I left she was cutting with fancy scissors. This year she didn't ask me to stay. She was already having too much fun!

Travis picked her up and then took her to the coffee shop. She was pretty excited. She came running when she got home but didn't tell me much about her day.

Me: Madeline, what did you do in school today?

Her: I don't remember.

Me: (laughing)

Her: I'm not kidding. I really don't remember.
Her favorite part was handing out snacks (we made fresh blueberry muffins) and recess. They also read a book about a puppy going to school but she made a point to tell me it was only pretend and puppies aren't actually allowed in school.

She is so grown up and we are very proud of her!

Stay tuned for pics of what Zella and I did while Madeline was in school.

(Did I really just say "stay tuned"? Seriously? Anyway, STAY TUNED because you won't want to miss it. Or maybe you will. Whatever.)

0 comments: