Thursday, July 1, 2010

Perspective

It seems like at the end of the day there is always something I could have done differently.



I could have done more.



I could have had MORE patience.

More fun.

Done more of the things the girls like to do.



Accomplished more of my to-do list.



Been a better spouse.

A better friend.

A better person.



Given more.



Been more open.

More honest.



Just been MORE than I am. What I know I could be.



But tonight I sit here after learning about the death of my babysitter's sixteen year-old brother. An accident. Senseless. And it terrifies me that I may be MORE-ing my life away.



I have three beautiful, hilarious, quirky wonderful children.



I GET TO stay at home and take care of them.

I GET TO be married to my best friend.



I don't ever want to forget how amazing that is.



Tonight I am going to fall asleep praying for Kellie and her family, and thanking the Lord for mine.

0 comments: