Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Favorite Books from my Truck Driving Days

I love to read. Did you know that about me? I actually got in trouble in fourth grade for reading. The teacher actually sent a note home to my parents. Because I was reading. What a rebel, right?

Anyway, when I was a truck driver I usually read between 25-30 books a month. We didn't have a TV in the truck and Travis and I drove opposite shifts so it was pretty lonely. Luckily I had a lot of good books to keep me company.

I used to pull up to the Des Moines Public Library, set the air-brakes on my truck and turn on the flashers. I would run inside to the new books section and quickly grab handfuls of books to check out. With the truck outside I really had to hurry so I didn't have time to judge a book by it's cover. I just picked random books. I really read a lot of interesting books that way. Books I would have never checked out otherwise.

And because I am a dork, I kept a list of all the books I read.  I came across one of those lists today so I'll share some of my favorites:







































































I mostly love mysteries but totally enjoy non-fiction as well.

Oh, and another fav I couldn't find on Amazon:  The Third Eye, by David Knowles.

Happy browsing!

p.s.  I was going through an Eminem phase while trucking.  Isn't that hilarious?

0 comments: