Monday, November 16, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

Madeline didn't have school a couple weeks ago so I took the girls on an adventure. I told them we had three surprises. The first was visiting Papa at his office. They loved seeing the pictures Travis has of them and their drawings he hung up. We took a little tour and played at his desk.

Then we were off to surprise #2...lunch at McDonalds. We don't go there often and they were thrilled. The highlight was the My Little Pony toy that came in the happy meals.

The third surprise was feeding the ducks at East Park in Mason City. They had never done that before and loved it! I remember going there as a kid and it was fun to see them so excited.



Madeline feeding the ducks.

Violet watching from her stroller. Next year I'll have to keep her from chasing the ducks!

Zella loved the tiny waterfalls. It is such a pretty park with great walking trails.

Every time I took out the camera Violet got serious. Here she is on the swings.

Zella screaming the whole way down.


We spent a couple hours at the park and had a great time. I'm so glad we got to enjoy the weather before it gets too cold.

Granny and Aunt Karen called to let us know they were in Mason City too. So we met them at Culver's for ice cream. A perfect ending to a great day.

More later,
Lori

0 comments: