Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Last Week

Hello all. We had a fabulous time in Dubuque at the Grand Harbor Resort and Water park. Travis liked the managerial training and learned a lot. The girls and I liked spending about 4 hours a day at the water park. The girls also liked eating breakfast and lunch in the hotel room. They thought it was great fun to have a picnic on the floor with a "fancy" (read: vinyl) tablecloth.

Many of you know that our kids do not like to ride in the car and often get carsick, so the 3 1/2 car ride was tricky at times. I'm happy to report no puking thanks to an adjusted dosage of their medicine.

Madeline was having a rough day before we left and decided she did not want to wear a shirt in the car. So she just wore an undershirt the whole way there and covered up with a blanket so she wouldn't be cold. It's all about choosing your battles, people, and we didn't want to start out our trip badly.

**UPDATE** um, yeah she wore pants. I cannot believe you guys think we wouldn't make her wear pants! I mean it was only like 20 degrees outside! And yes she wore her coat to and from the car.

Okay, back to the story.

Madeline loved the slides, I loved the lazy river, and Zella spent the whole time quacking like a duck. I brought rubber ducks for her to play with and she kept yelling "Duck" and "Quack quack" over and over. Travis loved the scary slide and I tried to stay away from it.

We had a great time. I'm so thankful that we were able to go along with Travis. Gotta love a free vacation. Thanks 5 Star! :)

Hope all is well. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
More later,

0 comments: