Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's Been A Long Couple Days

Oh my.  Friday morning was spent taking all three girls to the pediatrician (30 miles away).  Then the pharmacy. 

Friday afternoon was spent holding crying girls and then taking myself to the doctor (3 blocks away luckily).  Then the pharmacy.  Again.

We all have sinus infections and I also have an upper respiratory infection.  Ugh.

Today was the longest.day.ever.  We were all crabby and not feeling well.  Violet was sooooo naughty.  Hair pulling, hitting, taking things away from her sisters.  Zella couldn't stop herself from sticking her hands and feet in everyone's faces.  Madeline was feeling the worst and was very emotional.  (And by emotional I mean flying off the handle and crying for no discernable reason).

I spent the day just trying to deal.  One of the hardest parts for me about being a stay-at-home mom is not having a sick day/day care.  It is hard to take care of three littles all day and all night when you feel terrible.

Travis is deer hunting at my sister Lisa's house.  We were all supposed to go but with fevers and the COUGHING  (ugh) we just couldn't.  Travis offered to stay home of course but I know how much he looks forward to this weekend all year. 

I honestly didn't think bedtime was going to come!

So while I feel grumpy I know I still have a lot to be thankful for.  Sure, I paid $60 in co-pays and $60 in medicine on Friday, I am THANKFUL for health insurance.  Free health insurance, actually (THANK YOU Vestas!).

I am hoping we all wake up tomorrow feeling much better.  I have been coughing for ten days and am ready to be done with it.

I hope you are having a great weekend!

0 comments: