Monday, May 18, 2009

Overheard at Our House

This is funny, but kinda sad too. I was nursing the baby in the living room listening to Madeline and Zella play in the toy room. They had their chairs set next to each other and were pretending to go on a car trip. After a couple minutes of "driving", they each pretended to throw up. Madeline announced they had gotten car sick and that she had to wipe up the puke. They played this car sick game for about 20 minutes.

(In case you didn't know, Madeline and Zella get really car sick and often throw up, even if we're only in the car for 15 miles.)

*****************************************************************

Zella is an early bird. She wakes up between 4:30 and 5:30 every day. It's still dark outside and she always asks if the sky is awake yet. Too cute.

*****************************************************************

When I tuck Zella in at night she insists on hearing three songs: Baa Baa Black Sheep, The theme song from Blues Clues, and the Broccoli Song. What is the Broccoli song? Well, Zella made it up and it goes like this:

Broccoli oh broccoli
You have a song
You are green
and BUMPY
and icky
and gross
BROCCOLI

*****************************************************************

With the addition of kid #3, and the lack of sleep over a period of 4 months, I am now one of those mothers who calls their kid by the wrong name. I called Madeline Violet the other day and she was offended. Did I think she was a baby? She was a big girl! A big sister! She went to school! She RIDES THE BUS. Violet can't do that.

So she drew me a picture of herself and wrote her name on the bottom. She folded it up and put it in my pocket so I could look at it and remember what to call her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm glad you made it easier to comment.

Too bad your girls get carsick. I can't believe they were pretending to throw up!

Sheila