Friday, May 15, 2009

Madeline is 4!


Madeline in her party dress.



The Barbie cake she requested. I had never made one before, but with 3 girls I think there will be more.



Posing for the camera.








My mom with Violet, and my Aunt Gayle with her granddaughter Ava. My cousin Sarah's little Ava and Violet were born only a few weeks apart.


What's a party without cupcakes?

Madeline turned four last month. It is hard to believe how grown up she is!
I was surprised at how tall she was at her 4 year check up. She is in the 90th percentile for both height and weight (41 1/2 inches tall, weighs 39 pounds).

Madeline has changed a lot this past year. She started preschool last fall and has really liked it. She goes Tuesday and Thursday mornings and rides the bus home. She learned to write her first name and loves to draw and paint. She would paint all day if she could. We go through a lot of paper at our house! Her favorite toys are her Barbies, My Little Pony and dress up clothes. She changes her dress up outfits at least ten times a day. She puts on lots of dance recitals and "shows". It's all Broadway all the time around here, with all the singing and dancing! She is very entertaining.

Madeline is a very sweet and very kind. She is a very caring little girl and loves to take care of others. When I was VERY pregnant with Violet, Madeline would make a bed for me on the couch and ask me to rest. She would rub my arm and tell me to put my feet up. It was so adorable! Don't get me wrong, she can also have an attitude and is quite stubborn (she gets the drama from me and the stubbornness from her papa)! But if I had to use one word to describe Madeline it would be sweet.

We are so thankful to be her parents and get to watch her grow.

We love you, Madeline.

0 comments: