Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas Recap














Um, I do know Christmas was over a month ago, but I still wanted to post some pictures. With my computer being broken and Travis leaving for Oregon we had a pretty busy December!

Scroll down if you want to see more recent posts and bear with me as I play catch up on the blog!

We spent Christmas at home in Britt this year. Usually Christmas Eve is a very busy day for Travis at work, but since he had put in his two week notice, he worked "regular hours" and came home early in the afternoon. It was great to have him home and so relaxed. First we made snowman cookies for Santa. Then we opened presents late afternoon which was fun. Travis made the girls a Barbie house...that is what they had both been asking for for months. The look on their face (and Trav's!) was priceless. They have played non-stop with it since.

On Christmas Eve we went to church with my sister Karen, her husband Chris (aka Minnesota) and my niece Grace. They were in town too and came over after the Christmas Eve service to our house. We ate and opened a couple presents. The girls were pretty excited and it was fun to see them together.

They could hardly wait to get to bed so Santa could come!

On Christmas morning it was just us and the girls couldn't believe Santa ate the cookies they set out. Madeline decided it was because she was such a good cookie baker. We opened stockings and Santa gifts and they were in awe. It is so fun to watch kids open presents.

My parents had gone to my twin sis Lisa's house but came back in time for lunch on Christmas Day. We all ate fondue at mom and dad's house. It was very fun and relaxing.

We had an early Christmas with Trav's family, and celebrated with my family a couple weeks before so it was pretty laid back which was nice.

I hope you all had a great holiday season!

0 comments: