Friday, October 2, 2009

Ten Years


Ten years ago today I married the love of my life. It's as simple as this: I started loving him and I've never stopped. Our lives are nothing like we pictured they would be, but mostly because we never could have imagined three beautiful, kind, quirky daughters--our family. We never would have guessed the highs we've reveled in and the lows we've crawled through. But we have always done it together. And even when it gets tough I know we'll make it through because we never give up on each other. Ever.

I have such great memories of our wedding because it was beautiful and we were surrounded by the people we love. Today we will get out the wedding album and laugh at how young we look and how big my hair was. We will watch the tape of our reception and laugh at everyone leaving us silly messages and cry while remembering all the love in that room. We will go on an actual DATE with no children. We will be thankful for each other and all of the great times we've had so far.

We will talk about our vows and what they meant to us. (I meant ever word I promised, Travis.)

And at the end of the night we will fall asleep holding hands (still do that) and wake up in the morning to start our tenth year together as husband and wife.

Happy Anniversary, Travis. I love you.



Come Rain or Come Shine Ray Charles
I'm gonna love you, like nobody's loved you
Come rain or come shine
High as a mountain, deep as a river
Come rain or come shine
I guess when you met me
It was just one of those things
But don't you ever bet me
'Cause I'm gonna be true if you let me
You're gonna love me, like nobody's loved me
Come rain or come shine
We'll be happy together, unhappy together
Now won't that be just fine
The days may be cloudy or sunny
We're in or out of the money
But I'm with you always
I'm with you rain or shine

0 comments: