Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fun/Not Fun

Fun:
Eating supper with my parents and sisters who live here three nights in a row last week.

Not Fun:
We were free three nights in a row because Travis was in Portland, Oregon working. He was gone for four days. A couple weeks ago he went to Cuba* for four days so we have been missing him.
*Isn't that random? Vestas has four wind turbines on the base at Guantanamo Bay. For some reason they are in Trav's region and he is responsible for them. You know, because IOWA and CUBA are so close together, right?



***************************************



Fun:
Realizing what a strong bond Travis (Papa) has with all three of his girls.

Not Fun:
Realization occurred because all three were very upset he was gone. Violet cried out in her sleep for him in her raspy adorable voice.


***************************************

Fun:
Violet snuggling with me for hours on end. She has been on the move so much she doesn't snuggle as often.


Not Fun:
She's so snuggly because she is getting FOUR teeth at the same time. We're talking fevers, drooling crabbiness (slight understatement), sleeplessness...


****************************************
Fun:
Christmas shopping! I am almost done. Hopefully I can finish up on Black Friday and get wrapping. Now if I could just get my tree up...
Not Fun:
Where to store/hide all these presents???? We have been trying to declutter and all these tubs of gifts is not working for me.
**********************************
Fun:
Getting a new bathroom door and trim.


Not Fun:
The door breaking trapping Travis inside our bathroom. It took me a half-hour to get him out.
Who am I kidding????? I don't consider it NOT FUN. I consider it hilarious!


Yours sincerely,

Lori
(Did you think I forgot about the "yours sincerely"? No such luck.)

0 comments: