Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fun/Not Fun

This week has just flown by.  I seriously cannot believe it is Thursday.  Each day has seemed like a roller coaster.  You know, some fun/not fun moments throughout.

Fun:
Travis finishing his art studio that he has been working on for almost 2 1/2 years.

Not Fun:
Moving all of his art stuff out there.  Art books are HEAVY.  Oh, and bookcases are too.  But I was motivated so I summoned up my super strength (or whatever) to help him get the job done.  My back is still hurting.  And by motivated I mean "so happy this @#&$^#^ project is done and this *$&#^$& stuff has a fabulous new home that is not in MY room".  Just kidding (mostly).

Fun:
Finally having my own room in our house (that used to house T's art stuff). 

Not Fun:
I have a lot of work to do in there before I can move anything in and we have been so busy I haven't gotten much done.

Fun:
Taking the girls to a beautiful garden with walking path/stream on a gorgeous day after Madeline's eye appointment.
Not Fun:
Learning at the eye appointment that we may be patching Madeline's eye in the near future. (This is a recent development.) 

Fun:
Trying out "bento"* style lunches for Violet.

Not Fun:
Trying to get a 19 month old to eat/drink everything I put in front of her.  Violet needs to gain some weight before her 2nd birthday and I have been trying everything I can think of.  Any suggestions?

Fun:
Going to the park with my sisters who live here and watching my girls play with their cousins. 

Not Fun:
Um, there really isn't anything "not fun" about that.  It has been unusually warm here and we have been enjoying it.

Yours sincerely,
Lori

P.S.  I still laugh every time I write "yours sincerely".  I don't know why I think it's funny.

*I am a beginner at bento so my lunches aren't nearly as fun and creative as this web site. 

0 comments: