Sunday, February 3, 2008

Our Weekend

Hello all. The girls and I had a pretty uneventful weekend. We went to the library on Saturday morning for a couple hours. Afterwards we headed to the grocery store which they were excited about. Did I mention that we've been sick and the kids hadn't left the house in 2 1/2 weeks? So an outing to the grocery store was exciting. :)

Saturday night our power went out for a couple hours. Luckily it was fixed right when it was starting to get really really cold.

Travis left early Saturday with my parents to help my little sis Bonnie move. Her and Jay bought a house in Iowa City. I really wanted to go but they needed a guy so Trav got to see their place instead of me. It was nice of him to help and I'm thankful I'm married to such a nice guy.

After they got back today mom and dad came over to watch the Superbowl. I made crab stuffed mushrooms (a new receipe for me), pizza roll-ups and little smokies. Dad brought wings and mom brought chocolate oaties so we were set. :) The girls were excited for our football party.

Let's see...what else...

I was asked to write a column in the MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) newsletter so that is exciting. They asked me yesterday and I wrote it last night. It was fun to write something that interests me. I wrote about making memories with your children.

I think the last thing I wrote about was nursing homes so you can see why I was excited.

It sounds like it's going to be a montly column and I'm really looking forward to it.

It's called "Moments of Motherhood" by the way. Not too corny I hope!

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I hope you had a great weekend.

More later,
Lori
(I was going to add some photos but couldn't get it to work so I'll try again tomorrow)

0 comments: