Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Public Service Announcement

Dear Public,

I know it is probably shocking to see a very, very pregnant woman out and about.  I mean, pregnancy is such a rare, rare, thing that I can understand why it would catch you off guard to actually see a preggo for yourself.  So I can understand why you POINT and STARE and make insanely dumb comments*.  This behavior can be attributed by your shock, I'm sure.

I'm sure you are just trying to be helpful when you utter one of the following comments:
  1. You are HUGE!  Are you sure there is only one in there?
  2. How are you going to make it to the end of your pregnancy?  You are going to become more miserable every day.
  3. Gee, don't you already have three kids?  Do you know what causes that?
  4. Wow, you just keep shooting them out, don't you!
  5. How do you walk around so swollen?
  6. You look like you're due any minute, not in six weeks!
  7. Your belly button is so gross! 
I try to nod and smile politely since it may be years until you see a pregnant woman again.  I don't want to give preggos a bad reputation! 

Public, I think you should know all preggos aren't as polite as I am.  So you may want to think twice before opening your mouth. 

Yours sincerely,
Lori

*Actual comments that have been said to me while out in public

0 comments: