Thursday, April 24, 2008

Madeline is Three!



Hello all. This post is very belated as Madeline turned three on Saturday, April 19th. I couldn't sign in to blogger for some reason but it is finally working!

So without further ado...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADELINE!

Our beautiful, spunky girl has grown so quick it's hard to believe. Many of the cliches of parenthood are true, and none ring more true than how quickly time flies when you have kids.

It just seems like yesterday that Travis and I were truck drivers (I know. That still sounds strange doesn't it?) and found out we were expecting a baby. I was very excited...not only to become a parent, but to quit truck driving! I actually told Travis we were expecting as he was driving an 80,000 pound semi-truck down the road. Luckily he didn't crash from the shock. ;)

Fast forward 8 months to the day I went into labor (three weeks early). I just have to tell this story because it still cracks me up.

It was 8:30 a.m. and my water broke. I called the hospital and they told me to come in within a couple hours. I didn't have contractions yet so I was running around like a mad woman trying to clean and get everything ready.

My cousin Sarah was supposed to be watching our dog, Josie. But Sarah was at work and so I called my Aunt Gayle thinking she might take Josie until Sarah got home.

Here's the conversation we had:

Me: Hi Aunt Gayle. I think my water broke and I need someone to come get Josie for me.

Her: (interrupting) Call this number. Your Uncle Louie is across the street eating breakfast. Call him.

Then she hangs up. She doesn't wish me luck or act excited that I'm about to have a baby.

I call Uncle Louie and tell him my water broke and ask him to pick up the dog. He shows up about three minutes later and tells me that he doesn't know much about plumbing.

As in pipes and water. Gayle and Louie thought a pipe in our loft broke! I have never laughed so hard. Feel free to tease them about it when you see them.

So back to the birthday girl.

Madeline was a little baby with a big personality. She has grown and changed so much but her big personality remains. If there is music, she is singing. And if there isn't music, she's making her own songs up. She also loves to dance. Travis taught her how to breakdance and she loves to perform for visitors. Or strangers. Or herself in the mirror. You get the idea.

She has a big heart and is a very kind little girl. She loves being a big sister to her "Zella Bella".

Madeline also loves to draw and paint. Every morning she wakes up and says "Today is a new day." And on our way down the stairs she talks about her naturally curly hair. (I don't know why she is obsessed with her curly hair. She just is. She talks about it all the time.)

We are so thankful she is a part of our family!

She had a great birthday!

I wanted to post pics of her as an infant, but am having problems getting them to load. I'll try again later. Pics from her birthday are coming too.

Also, my Grandpa Lester (my dad's father) is in the hospital and not going to make it. Please say a prayer for him and his children.

With love,

0 comments: